The Employers’ Federation of Ceylon convened a meeting of the EFC Employers Network on Disability in August 2017 to appoint members to the committee that manages the Network and to re-constitute the committee based on feedback and the interest shown by members to be involved in the activities of the specialized Training and Disability Resource Centre managed by the Secretariat. The Network will work towards the following goals and objectives.
To enhance employment opportunities within the private sector for people with disabilities
- To develop awareness raising programs and promotes positive attitudes regarding persons with disabilities.
- To provide guidance on vocational training based on employer needs to organizations for people with disabilities.
- To participate in policy making bodies related to employment of people with disabilities and to represent employer views on such matter.
- To facilitate the hiring of people with disabilities through placement services counselling and such like activities.
- To provide a forum to explore and respond to employers needs relating to managing disability at work place.
- To recognize and promote good practices regarding employment of people with disabilities.
- To represent and lobby for employers issues related to managing disability at work places.
- To under-take the training of disabled persons in employable skills.
- To raise funds for activities of the network.
- Work in collaboration with governmental and non-governmental agencies involved in disability related issues in furtherance of the goals of the Network.
All companies are invited to join the Network. For further details please contact Ms. Manique Gunaratne on 0112867966.
Picture descriptions for vision impaired persons:
1 Welcome by Mr. Kanishka Weerasinghe.
2 Mr. Kanishka Weerasinghe and Ms. Manique Gunaratne at the head table.
3 Manique making presentation.
4 Manique explaining the activities of the Network.
6 Ms. Sonali De Silva speaking.
Manager – Specialise Training and Disability Resource Centre of The Employers’ Federation of Ceylon