Mobility International USA (MIUSA) and the Employers’ Federation of Ceylon (EFC) Specialised Training & Disability Resource Centre organised a programme on Mobilizing Women Leaders with #Disabilities for Inclusive Responses to Gender-Based Violence During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Northern Province in February 2021. The programme was held at the Hotel Ovia in Vavuniya.
The training was conducted with a special focus on the following areas:
- Discussion on the important areas to including a strategic plan during pandemics.
- Conceptualizing gender-based violence through a role-play by the participants.
- Preparation of an action plan on how to mitigate gender-based violence in their communities at provincial level and national level.
- Introducing the ‘buddying concept’ and assigning ‘best buddies’ appropriately.
- Registration of women with disabilities to the ‘Be-Safe’ mobile application.
(Honoured, Deshabandu) Manique Gunaratne
Manager – Specialised Training & Disability Resource Centre
The Employers’ Federation of Ceylon