VIDEO ON Gender equality in sri lanka INCLUDES WOMEN WITH DISABILITIES
Ms. Chapa Perera is excited to share with you, these eight videos that were produced byHashtag Generation funded by UN Women on International Women’s Day 2016 featuring an interesting group of men and women speaking about Gender Equality in Sri Lanka and we’d love got you to take a look.
1) Your neighborhoodtutktuk driver Thusharibit.ly/thushari
2) Young transgender activist BhoomiHarendranbit.ly/bhoomih
3) Ms.ManiqueGunaratne on how women with disabilities experience double discriminationbit.ly/maniqueg
4) If a woman overtakes you while driving does it hurt your ego?-NaradaBakmeewevabit.ly/naradab
5) Malsha Kumaratunga on the sexism that women who run for public office have to experiencebit.ly/malsha
6) Actress AnojaWeerasinghe’s appeal to all men to join the fight for gender equality bit.ly/anojawe
7) What does Islam say about Gender Equality?-Mr.ImthiazBakeerMarkarbit.ly/Imthiaz
8) Dr.SelvyThiruchandran on what Gender Equality means to herbit.ly/selvy
The videos were featured on the BBC-Sinhala radio here:https://t.co/v2NkskAQ5t (listen from 23:00) & on the BBC Sinhala site here:https://t.co/7JhGN44QWcThey could also be accessed on theHashtag Generation Youtube page.
Executive Committee Member for Advocacy and Lobbying for Rights of Persons with Disabilities – Sri Lanka Foundation for Rehabilitation of the Disabled